23 October 2003

Some Stuff I Was Thinking About

--I hate computers.

--Visit my buddy Steve's site here. If he looks familiar, that's because he is. There is a burgeoning business partnership here. Also, the guy is funny as hell and just worth reading in general.

--Had an epiphany today (I have a lot of those): One of the best lessons I learned from one of the many philosophy classes I took in college had to do with love and hate. Many people think that Hate is the opposite of Love; this is not true. Love is actually the absolute value of hate (which would make "Hate" actually "- Love"--get it?). Biochemically, feelings of love and hate produce the same reaction in the body, they simply have different mental associations. The opposite of Love is actually Indifference. Indifference is the absence of feeling toward something; Love and Hate constitute strong feelings toward something. Still with me? Good, me either.

So if we know this, and if I apply it to my life...I don't know that I've ever been in love before. I think I might have fallen victim simply to being in love with the idea of being in love, and that clouds your vision. But I'm not sure. Is that indifference or just moving on? The only thing I'm jaded about is that she got the dog. Is that wrong? I know I love that dog. I've got that. Someone hold me.

I think if you can honestly say that you would go through all the pain of losing someone ten times over just for five minutes of their presence, then you've got something there. Like they say, without the bitter, the sweet just ain't as sweet. And it seems as though you could only really know that once you've lost them, either to breakup, death, or geographical disposition. Isn't the human psyche GREAT? I think I need a nap.

--I'm really, really starting to lean towards Wesley Clark for President. Bush has got to go. I mean c'mon now. Clark's interview with Maxim was quite impressive, if truncated. A liberal General...the possibilities are mind-boggling.

--I'm now 100% convinced that the NYC area is the fishbowl of the world. This is going to anger half my friends, but they've all heard me say it anyway. I would say most (not many--most) people from this area believe that the sun rises and sets in the greater NYC area. Newsflash: Most people loathe the place. This is compounded by the fact that the people who live there talk about it like it's Babylon. Every time the Yankees win a World Series it gets worse. Well, yuck it up all you want, NYCers, but recall...without the bitter, the sweet just ain't as sweet.

Speaking of the Yankees...I'm all, "Yay, capitalism," but being a large-market team gives you a HUGE advantage in baseball, which lacks a salary cap. Now Joe Torre is the best manager in the bigs, hands down, but how many players on the current roster have the Yankees actually farmed? Jeter, Williams, Posada, and Nick Johnson. Four. The rest of their talent is bought. Maybe they were scared off by the whole Brien Taylor fiasco, I don't know. But come on...bring a guy up from the minors instead of throwing money at him. See what happens when you actually DEVELOP someone. It's a good feeling, I bet, as opposed to just throwing money at people. The Sultan of Brunei has a bunch of sluts walking around too, but they all hate him.

Then again, every year the free-spending Mets manage to blow my theory out of the water, so what the hell do I know? I'll tell you what I do know--I like Mets fans a whole lot more than Yankees fans, because they possess humility.

--Visit my friend James's site here: CannedJam

It's entertaining, especially if you went to JMU. Look for a special video coming very soon.

That's all for now. If you are someone I know and I have lost touch with you, or if you want to send me Hate Mail (maybe not yet, but soon you will...), Email me.

Seriously, send me hate mail. I expect a ton when I post about my hatred for PETA people.

|